From the pattern PDF (downloadable through Sendspace):
* This pattern was originally designed for a fandom auction held on Livejournal after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan on March 11th, 2011, to help raise money for disaster relief.
* The Cherry Blossom Bookmark has 2 flowers, one large and one small, joined with a length of chain stitches, crocheted all in one piece.
Materials: Use any yarn up to worsted weight, and smallest hook size for that yarn to get a tight gauge.
Stitches Used: (all are in US terms)
* ch – chain
* st – stitch
* sc – single crochet
* sl st – slip stitch
* dc – double crochet
* hdc – half-double crochet
* Using magic ring, draw up loop, ch 1, 5 sc into ring, sl st into 1st sc, pull ring tight.
* Ch 1, sc in same st, (ch 4, sc in next st) 5 times, finishing w/sl st in 1st sc.
* Sl st into 1st ch-4 space, ([ch 1, 2 dc, 1 hdc, 2 dc, ch 1, sl st] in ch-4 space, sl st in next ch-4 space) 5 times, finishing w/sl st in 1st sl st.
* Ch 45 or 55 (depending on yarn weight and how long you want your bookmark; more ch's for smaller yarn weights).
* Sl st in 4th ch from hook to create a ring, bring yarn behind the chain, ch 1 around the chain to lock it in place.
* (Ch 1, dc, ch 1, sc) 5 times in ring, finishing w/sl st in the locking ch-1.
* Bind off, weave in ends. Pin and block the chain to straighten if desired. Shape the petals of the large flower with the press of a thumb into each petal.
Pattern and photo © Ella Smith-Rumph 2012; Pattern may not be sold; Pattern may not be distributed without permission and credit.
The Ravelry page for this pattern is here.